Thanks for proposing an event for NOPF 2018. We're looking forward to hearing from you. Note that our proposal procedure has changed since last year, so please read these brief instructions.
are due by December 1, 2017. You will receive notice of approval or an explanation of why your event is not approved by January 1, 2018. Events (which can be readings, panel discussions, or workshops) must have a minimum of three and may have up to five participants (one moderator and four presenters). You should have a short bio of each participant ready before beginning the form. No individual participant may be in more than two events. (Do not submit proposals for individual readers here. Individual reader proposals will be opened only after events are selected, Jan. 1, 2018.)
Priority will be given to panels that allow us to represent a diverse swath of the poetic community.
Some examples of panels, readings or workshops that would pique our interest include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Indigenous Poetry/ Native Poetics
- Queer and Trans Poetics (see Troubling the Line: Trans and Genderqueer Poetry and Poetics, edited by TC Tolbert and Trace Peterson.)
- Occult poetics (see forthcoming Essays in Divinatory Poetics by Selah Saterstrom)
- Translation Panels/ Bi-lingual Readings
- Poethical procedure in Conceptual Poetry
- Hip Hop and Urban Arts
- Migration Poetics
- A.I. and the invention of language
- Poetics of Pornography, Sex Work and Lacanian Desire
- Film and Poetry
- Nomad Poetics (see Pierre Joris' A Nomad Poetics)
do not have a deadline but will be considered in the order in which they are received until the 26 table locations are filled, and you should be notified within three weeks after submission.
After your proposal is accepted, you will have two weeks to register. If all participants are not registered within that time frame, the acceptance will be cancelled.
Questions: Email or use the Contact Form from the main menu and we will respond promptly.