NOPF 2020 ACCEPTED PROPOSALS
Thanks to all of you who submitted proposals and are helping make this NOPF the best one yet! At this point we are only accepting proposals for Tables. If your proposal was accepted you should see it in the list of Registered Proposals, above, and your participants should all be listed there. If your proposal is not listed as Registered and should be, please email us.
NOPF 2020 will take place April 16-19, 2020.
If you're new to NOPF and want to know how it works, we suggest you peruse last year's schedule. This year will be organized in similar fashion. View the complete 2019 schedule with detailed event descriptions, or view it as a simple list with titles and participants only.
NOPF 2020 Schedule Overview:
Thursday, April 16, 2020:
- Dogfish Reading Series NOPF Opening Event at Dogfish (2448 N Villere), 7PM
Friday, April 17, 2020:
- Marathon Open Mic Poetry Reading, Casette Gallery, Noon-5PM
- Friday Night International Feature at Cafe Istanbul, 7PM, with Rosa Alcala, Melissa Machado, Ariel Francisco, and more.
- Opening reception and party, location TBA, 10PM
Saturday, April 18, 2020:
- Small Press Bookfair and Concurrent Events (Roundtables, Readings, Workshops) at the New Orleans Healing Center (2372 St Claude), 9AM-5PM (Hour by hour schedule TBA.)
- Memorial Second Line from Healing Center to Carnaval, 6:30 PM
- Saturday Night Feature Event at Carnaval (2227 St. Claude), 7PM, with LA Poet Laureate John Warner Smith, Tracie Morris, Abiodun Oyewole, the Poets With Bands show, and more...
Sunday, April 19, 2020:
- Small Press Bookfair and Concurrent Events (Roundtables, Readings, Workshops) at the New Orleans Healing Center (2372 St Claude), 9AM-5PM
New Orleans Poetry Festival, 2019, was dedicated to one of our founding members, 2016 Coordinator, poet and NOPF supporter Laura Mattingly. Please help as we try to raise funds for her care and recovery from recently diagnosed breast cancer.
Laura, 36, mother of 8 yr old Indigo Louella, is a poet, grad student, barber, Reiki Master/Teacher, loud laugh cackler, kitchen wall muralist, and compassionate helper to many of us over the years. She has recently been diagnosed with Invasive Ductile Carcinoma (breast cancer) in her right breast and lymph nodes.
She is still in early phase of diagnosis, but test results do not show signs of the cancer spreading any further (!!!), therefore, she is scheduled for a 9 month treatment plan that begins in 2 weeks! Treatment will include: chemotherapy, surgery, radiation, & endocrine therapy. We are asking supporters to share this GOFUNDME CAMPAIGN within their networks! Two weeks from now is coming up fast, & 9 months is a LONG treatment plan! Lets make sure Laura and Indigo are set up during this time!
There will also be buckets for cash donations at all readings and events during the festival, so please give what you can.
Our main venue for NOPF20 is the same as 19, the New Orleans Healing Center, 2372 St Claude:
The Saturday night show will be in a new location TBA, with other events at nearby venues.
Please sign up for our mailing list if you are not already on it! Click here for the simple signup form.
We promise not to spam you, and this is the best way to keep informed.
Follow us on Twitter @nolapoetry.
If you would like to see some video highlights from years past, search for us on Youtube.